Mapping Health Checks to Specific Publishers

May 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM
I am hoping this is possible and I have just not figured it out yet....

Is there a way to map a particular Health Check (in the config file) to a Particular Publisher?

Or perhaps there is another way to accomplish what I am trying to do....

I want certain Health Check failures (e.g. very critical errors) to go to one publisher (perhaps a particular email address) and other Heath Check failures (e.g. Fake Fail for heart beat) to go to one or more other publishers (Growl or a different email address).
Coordinator
May 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Hi, yep, you can achieve this level of filtering/mapping with "Publisher" filters, see: https://wolfpack.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Result%20Publisher%20Filters

Essentially these are plugins that sit in front of a publisher. Which publisher and healthcheck they "intercept" is configurable..they accept a wildcard "*" for both publisher and healthcheck name, or you can target a specific check/publish combo, just enter the specific publisher or healthcheck name.

There are a few built-in ones that should solve your problem. The "SuccessFilter" could be used to filter out the fake fail from your critical publisher(s). Hope this helps, if you need more help setting it up drop another message here.

BTW, which version of Wolfpack are you running?
May 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Thanks, I will give that a try. I assumed there must be a way, but I was looking in the wrong area.

I am using 2.4.