wolfpack at the command line

Sep 12, 2011 at 1:55 AM

I downloaded wolfpack, opened a command line, and gave it a try.  It crashed.  Is configuration required before running it the first time?

2011-09-11 20:45:21,909 [5] INFO  Topshelf.Model.ServiceCoordinator [(null)] - (Wolfpack) Fault

2011-09-11 20:45:21,912 [5] ERROR Topshelf.Model.ServiceCoordinator [(null)] - Fault on Wolfpack: Topshelf.Exceptions.ServiceControlException

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Hi,

Yeah - there are a few issues with the default config that causes it to crash. Please this thread in full to get you up and running...

http://wolfpack.codeplex.com/workitem/5

I'm just about to release v2.3 - this has these problems fixed. If you download the latest source code (binaries not uploaded yet) & compile/run from visual studio you should be able to run Wolfpack ok.
As mentioned on that thread I'd also install "Growl" - this is a system tray notifier and is probably the best way to "see" Wolfpack alerts (you can also forward alerts to your smart phone).

Please drop me a message if you run into any more problems or need help configuring it to monitor your system. I'd also like to get any suggestions you have for new health checks or any idea in general to improve the system (apart from the obvious "fix the config so it works first time"!)

Cheers,

James