Install w/out Chocolatey?

Apr 17, 2014 at 3:43 PM
We using Wolfpack for a few different monitors but have to install it on machines that block access to chocolatey. What's our installation alternative to run it as a win service on our machines?

Thanks,

Ron
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Hi Ron,

I guess you are talking about v3 specifically? When I release v3 (should be this weekend) I'll include a source and binaries zip to download.

In the meantime if you can chocolatey install to a machine you can grab the install from where chocolatey puts it; default location is something like...C:\Chocolatey\lib\Wolfpack.3.0.x

...this folder is the equivalent of what will be in the binaries zip file. Grab the content of this folder and xcopy deploy to your non-chocolatey machines.

HTH,
James
Apr 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM
So is there anything special to run the agent as a service, just a standard installutil command?
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2014 at 7:33 PM
No - all the chocolatey stuff does is pull down the package - it doesn't install it or set it up as a service.

The docs here are still valid for v3: https://wolfpack.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Getting%20Started&referringTitle=Documentation

Installation is still the same as v2.x ... You can run as console app or service once you run the /install command line

J
Apr 18, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Thank you! It appears there was some incompatibility between versions with my own health check component, so I went back to 2.4... but 3 looks promising!