Contrib Plugin

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM
I would like to add a plugin to the contrib project. How do I go about doing this?
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Hi,

So far contributions have just been zips that people send and I package them up into the nuget package and create the docs on the codeplex site.

Alternatively you could submit a pull request and I can merge it into the codebase.

Finally I can add you as a direct contributor to the codeplex site so you can commit direct to the repo and create the docs yourself.

Whichever you feel more comfortable really!

And thanks for wanting to contribute to the project!

Regards,
James

PS: What sort of add-in is it?
Mar 17, 2014 at 4:14 PM
It is a super simple registry reader that returns a key value via your tag data if the registry key value has changed or if an agent has never reported a value. We use the registry to see the version of software installed. I know it is a bit of an unconventional use of your tag data. Let me know if you have a different idea.

The project works with your current released version. Does this matter on how you want it to be merged?

I’ll zip everything after I clean up the doc tags in the code.
Mar 17, 2014 at 7:52 PM
James,

I have the files zipped up. How do I send the zip to you?
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Hi,

Do you have a dropbox/skydrive account- something like that you can dump it too with public share rights?

If not I'll DM an email address.

Cheers,

James
Mar 17, 2014 at 8:24 PM
I just created a temporary account. Try the link below.

http://public.justcloud.com/dqiksyx1y2.47883803
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Great! Got it - looks good!

Interesting to see you saving state to disk...I did have a feature to allow a check to support saving/restoring state but never took it past an interface - I think I might add this in for v3, provide simple state infrastructure so a check can just call Get/SaveState.

It'll take a few days to get it packaged - will let you know once ready to post to NuGet/go live - might need some details for the NuGet package metadata.

I'll also port it to v3 and make sure it's automatically included in the latest version.

Thanks for the taking the time to help improve Wolfpack!

Regards,
James
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2014 at 3:32 AM
Just done a major drop on v3 so will roll this out as a v3 contrib. v3 is also ready to go!

J
Mar 31, 2014 at 11:01 PM
James,

I'm not finding the contrib in the latest version. Did you have a problem with it? I can modify it if necessary.

F
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Hi,

I'm pretty busy reorganising the core/contrib at the moment and ironing out issues with the UI extension hooks right now prior to v3 release.

I'll try to get it in sometime this week...if I hit any problems I'll drop you a message here.

Cheers,

James
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Ok...I've ported it to v3 and it's in the contrib repo now...also created the nuget package definition ready for pushing all the contrib packages up to nuget.

Cheers,
James