Checks from a WCF Publisher

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I have an instance of Wolfpack running as a listener for WCF connections. my various agents connect to it and push results over, then this instance saves them to a sql database.
Is there anything to prevent me from running local checks in instance that has the WCF listener enabled? I wanted to do some URL pings from this server as a central test location, but they don't seem to be firing. The url ping test works fine on other agents, just not the one listening/hosting WCF
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Hi Josh,

Yep you should be able to do what you describe - the local checks should be configured to publish direct to the sql database - no need to route them via WCF.

I would double check your config/setup for the pings - maybe copy a ping config from an agent that is working, replicate that setup on the "listener" agent - sounds like something screwy with the check/scheduler binding. Are you running any publisher filters on the listener?

Lemme know how you get on and if you are still having a problem with it we can drill into the issue further - eg send me your (sanitised) config and I can repo/debug.

J
Jun 24, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Thanks for the reply!

I was actually able I figure it out. I had the config for that check in my every 15 min folder and it wasn't working. I moved it over to every minute and it worked. Turns out I had a duplicate Id for the check in every hour, so when I straightened that out it worked in every 15 mins. I'm guessing maybe every hour was being loaded first? Regardless I'm good now!

Sent from my iPhone