SystemFreeDiskSpace Multiple Disks

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Seems to me that adding a second config block in the check.castle.config file for a second disk does not actually add the second check. Is there a way to add multiple checks of the same type? Specifically for having multiple disk drives to monitor. Also more in general is there a standard way to do multiple checks of the same type.

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Ok, so to create a second check you need to clone the disk space component (in check.castle.config) and change the id attribute, friendlyid and drive values. This defines a new health check but in order to get it running you need to add a new entry to the binding.castle.config file.

In binding.castle.config clone the SystemDriveFreeSpaceBindingConfig component, change the id property and make sure the "HealthCheckConfigurationName" value matches the id you set in the new check component.

<component id="SystemDriveFreeSpaceBindingConfig"
				   lifestyle="singleton"
				   type="Wolfpack.Core.Interfaces.Entities.BindingConfiguration, Wolfpack.Core.Interfaces">
      <parameters>
        <HealthCheckConfigurationName>SystemDriveFreeSpace</HealthCheckConfigurationName>
        <ScheduleConfigurationName>EveryMinute</ScheduleConfigurationName>
      </parameters>
    </component>

I am working on making configuration much easier - watch this space! Some checks allow multiple things to be monitored in a single check (eg: this disk space check could be modified to take a list of drive letters rather than a single drive letter. As it stands you need to define a new health check and binding for each drive you want monitored. It would be an easy mod to make the check take a list of drives...I can put that on the Issues list of you wish?

Aug 19, 2011 at 11:01 AM

That is logical. I should have been able to figure that out. Thank you.